Nominate Your Township Project for the Governor's Awards for Local Government Excellence
Has your township found a creative way to improve your community? If so, consider nominating a project for the 2014 Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence. The deadline for nominations is January 31.
The awards are presented each April during Local Government Week. Townships may nominate projects in the following categories:
- Building community partnerships
- Responding to adversity
- Promoting community/economic revitalization
- Innovative community/governmental initiatives
- Fiscal accountability and best management practices
- Innovative planning and sound land use practices
- Intergovernmental cooperation
- Information technology
Townships must submit a narrative about the project that includes:
- The name of the nominated township and county, any other participating municipalities and their counties, and a contact person’s name, street address, phone number, and email address.
- The category from the list above that the project falls into.
- A description of the project.
- An explanation of how the project resolved a problem, addressed a need, or improved the community at large. Provide quantifiable results if available.
- A list of everyone who participated in the project and how they helped.
The deadline for nominations is January 31. Click here to apply.