DEP Makes $10 Million Available to Buy Natural Gas Vehicles
Townships that want to purchase natural gas vehicles or convert existing ones to natural gas can apply for funding through the Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program, administered by the state Department of Environmental Protection.
Act 13 of 2012, the natural gas impact fee legislation, will make $10 million available through the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant Program for local transportation organizations, including townships, to purchase light- to medium-weight vehicles. The deadline for applications is July 26.
Grants will be considered for projects to convert or purchase natural gas vehicles weighing under 14,000 pounds or to purchase electric, propane, or other alternative fuel vehicles of any size.
Townships that are interested in purchasing one or two alternative fuel vehicles are encouraged to join forces and apply together to satisfy the five-vehicle minimum required for application.
Click here for more information or contact your regional DEP representative:
- Northcentral — Michelle Ferguson, (570) 327-3783, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Northeast — Janet Warnick, (570) 826-2475, email@example.com;
- Northwest — Geoffrey Bristow, (814) 332-6681, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Southcentral — Mark Hand, (717) 705-4797, email@example.com;
- Southeast — Heather Cowley, (484) 250-5816, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Southwest — Margaret Hall, (412) 442-4137, email@example.com.