Learn About Land Banks June 9 in Hershey, PA
Local leaders are invited to the Second Annual Land Bank Summit June 9 at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa. The summit, presented by the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania, is being held in conjunction with the 2014 Pa. Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies Spring Conference & Expo.
This year’s summit will provide inspiration and information to local leaders who have adopted a land bank, are in the planning stages, or are exploring the possibilities.
- Hear the story of the four PA land banks that have been enacted this year
- Learn how to shape the message and work with the media
- Explore how to use data to drive strategy
- Hear how others are handling funding and finance issues
- Discuss how to address competing land disposition priorities and draft policies
- Collaborate with others from similar communities to discover solutions
- Be part of this strong, growing, and important network of Pennsylvania’s leaders who are pioneering solutions to blight and revitalization.
- Learn how to use the online library to help you meet your land bank goals
WHAT: Second Annual Statewide Land Bank Summit, a full day of peer-to-peer learning, networking, and information sharing
WHO: Local officials, redevelopment authorities, tax collectors, community development corporations, developers, and local economic and community development leaders — citizens who care about the future of your communities
WHEN: Monday, June 9, 2014, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- WHERE: Presented by the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania in partnership with PAHRA at their Spring Conference & Expo, Hershey Lodge, 325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
For more information, email Christian@housingalliancepa.org.