Nominate Your Joint Project for PSATS’ Intergovernmental Cooperation Awards
Did your township partner with neighboring municipalities and/or the state and federal governments to complete a project in 2016? If so, submit a description for consideration in PSATS’ Excellence in Intergovernmental Cooperation Awards Program. Submissions are due by March 24.
Presented in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Governments (PACOG), the contest recognizes townships that work with other government entities to complete projects more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
• joint road or bridge construction/replacement;
• intermunicipal parks and recreation projects;
• regional stormwater projects;
• equipment/manpower sharing programs;
• joint comprehensive plans;
• public safety cooperatives; and
• intermunicipal recycling and/or illegal dump remediation programs.
Winners will receive their awards at PSATS’ Annual Educational Conference in April and will be the subject of a Township News article.
For more information or to submit a project, call Melissa Morgan at PSATS at (717) 763-0930, ext. 178, or email email@example.com.