#901 Google Earth: An Affordable Tool
To Register: Click HERE or call PSATS at (717) 763-0930.
OnDemand Webinar Title:
Google Earth: An Affordable Tool
During this 1.5 hour webinar, attendees will be introduced to Google Earth, a solid source for regional and worldwide maps and satellite images. These affordable services can be powerful communication tools for township supervisors, staff (sewage enforcement officers), and planning commissions. The instructor will demonstrate how to use Google Earth to assist with mapping.
By attending the webinar, you will be able to:
- State when Google Earth came into public use.
- List what is needed to use Google Earth.
- Describe the difference between the free and pro version.
- Explain how Google Earth works with existing GIS programs.
- Explain the different file organizations (my places vs. temp places).
- Use Google Earth to find the specific lat/long of home plate at Citizens Bank Park and describe what is at Lat: 38°37'28.82"N Long: 90°11'4.75"W
- Describe the difference between a KML and KMZ file type.
- State approximately how far back the historical imagery feature in Google Earth for Eastern PA goes.
- Name two standard layers that are in found in Google Earth.
- Name the code you can copy and paste into the properties dialog box to make a pop-up box that contains a photo?
- Briefly describe how to add an existing map as an image overlay.
- Describe how you might use Street View and what would you look for.
SEO Credit Hours:
To receive continuing education credits or engineer professional development hours for the webinar, the participant must successfully complete the test. To successfully complete the test, the participant must score at least 70 percent on the test within 10 days of receiving the link to the test.
Who Should Attend:
Township employees or independent contractors who use mapping as part of their job. (Sewage Enforcement Officers, Planners, Public Works)
Registration Fee (must be paid in advance of Webinar date):
- PSATS Member* – $50
- PSATS Non-Member – $60
* To qualify as a PSATS member, the registrant must have paid current annual membership dues to PSATS or its affiliates (solicitors, engineers, planners, and emergency management associations) or be an associate member.
Go to the PSATS website to learn more about the affiliate associations.
To view these webinars, you must have a high-speed Internet connection and a computer with speakers.
Upon receipt of payment, a link, including a password to log in, will be emailed to you within five business days. This information will allow you to access the webinar you selected.
The link for the webinar and the test will be valid for ten (10) business days from the time you receive your password. After that, you will no longer be able to view the webinar.