Townships Today is a quarterly newsletter designed to help PSATS members reach out to their residents and educate them about townships and issues affecting their community.
PSATS staff creates the newsletter and mails copies to townships statewide, which are encouraged to share the publication with their residents.
Read on for how you can download recent issues, as well as supplemental articles, for use in your own township.
Townships Today Downloads
To open any of the PDF files posted on this site, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or greater installed on your computer. Click on the Adobe link below to download a free version of the software.
The following formats are available for the Winter 2016 Issue: When the Weather Outside is Frightful, Do You Know What to Do?
- Townships Today Newsletter (printer-quality PDF)
- Townships Today Newsletter (low-resolution PDF)
- Microsoft Word File with Newsletter Text
Townships Today Newsletter Archive
Additional articles are available below for use in your township newsletter or on your website. Click on the desired link to open the PDF file, then choose the "Select" button, highlight the text, and copy and paste into your newsletter or onto the designated page on your website.
- Storing Water Properly for Emergencies
- Homeowners Can Take Action to Protect Their Property from Wildfire
- Honoring Old Glory: U.S. Flag Code Provides Guidelines for Displaying, Respecting the Flag
- Mercury Dangers: Recycling Programs Will Divert Thermostats, Fluorescent Bulbs from Landfills
- Please Don't Feed the Bears
- Open Burning: To Burn or Not to Burn? Townships Have the Final Say...to Some Extent
- The Life and Times of Smokey Bear
- Preventing Wildfires
- ‘Just Say No’: To Comply with State Laws, Township Supervisors Sometimes Have to Make Unpopular Decisions
- Pennsylvania Municipalities: In a Class by Themselves
- Pennsylvania Township Names Reflect the Heritage and Hopes of Their Settlers
Tell Us What You Think!
We value our members' opinions and want to know what you think about Townships Today. Please take a minute, look at the following questions, and send your thoughts to Assistant Director of Communications Jill Ercolino, email@example.com, or call (717) 763-0930.
- What do you think of the Townships Today newsletter?
- Do you use it? If so, how do you use it? As is? In your own newsletter? On your website?
- Do you have suggestions for articles you would like to see in it?
- Do you have questions about reproducing the newsletter and getting it to your residents?
- Do you have suggestions for improving the newsletter?